• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Rasmon

Rasmon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

I just got Vista and installed it on a new system. One of the first things I wanted to get working was my MFP, of course! The problem is, CMCC seems to crash and once it crashes I can't start it again until I reboot. When it does start, it does not appear to be loading anything to the MFP. Control manager works just fine though. Not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions?

#2 MichaelCHProd

MichaelCHProd

• Members
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:12 AM

the CMCC (like the Control Manager) is not Windows Vista compatible just yet :(

#3 Rasmon

Rasmon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:42 AM

Um, I hate to point this out, but Debby indicated that the MFP and software are Vista compatible before I purchased the MFP. Here was the converstation:

I don't see Vista listed as a supported OS. Does the MFP & software work on Vista?

Yes, our devices are compatible in Vista!

Do you know when CMCC and Control Manager will work with Vista?

#4 Revvin

Revvin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

Rasmon> Bob has said in another thread the Vista drivers are being worked on, I know you guys are waiting patiently and hopefully it will not be too much longer :salute:

#5 Debby

Debby

• Moderators
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

Hello,

We are getting VERY close and the drivers are currently in the test phase.

Thank you for your continued patience and I'm sorry for the mis information. We've learned quite a bit of new information with this Vista set up.

Debby McDowell
Sales and Marketing Manager

CH Products
970 Park Center Drive
Vista, CA 92081
Tel: 760-598-2518
www.chproducts.com

Debby@chproducts.com

#6 Rasmon

Rasmon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the response. Fortunately for me, Control Manager seems to be working, so it's only a minor inconvenience of having to download to the MFP before playing a game. I am also glad to year that you are getting close! :cheers:

#7 Rasmon

Rasmon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:01 PM

Quick question... Are the drivers expected to work in both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista? I am thinking of moving to 64-bit Vista, but I am not moving anywhere without my MFP. :joystick:

#8 Revvin

Revvin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:43 PM

Work is being done for both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vista

#9 Debby

Debby

• Moderators
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

Work is being done for both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vista

Official statement from one of our trusted testers!!:thumbsup:

Debby McDowell

CH Products
970 Park Center Drive
Vista, CA 92081
www.chproducts.com

Debby@chproducts.com

#10 Revvin

Revvin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:03 PM

Crash test dummy :)

#11 Debby

Debby

• Moderators
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

Well, I'd never call you a dummy on a public venue. In person, perhaps... face to face in two weeks! ;)

Debby McDowell

CH Products
970 Park Center Drive
Vista, CA 92081
www.chproducts.com

Debby@chproducts.com

#12 Revvin

Revvin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hehe ;)

#13 fog

fog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

mmm mmm mmm mmm :lol:

#14 TheRealOmegaMan

TheRealOmegaMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:02 AM

Can someone please tell me why my Pro Throttle is no longer working in Vista? It was not to long ago it was working and then suddenly no more. Vista sees the Pro Throtle in it's gaming devices and I am even able to calibrate...yet when entering a game the Trottle does not work. Also, in the CH Control Manager no buttons on the Throtle are responsive and clicking the Calibrate button there states "No Device Exist", yet in CMCC I click Calibrate and the Gaming Device window appears with my Pro Throttle to calibrate....Anyone have any ideas? How bout those Vista apps CH??? Thanks up front.
Posted Image

#15 Revvin

Revvin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:18 AM

As has already been stated Vista drivers are being worked on and will hopefully be here soon, please be patient.

#16 TheRealOmegaMan

TheRealOmegaMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:49 PM

Hey there Revvin....been awhile;). Thanks for the post response.

I am aware of the hit or miss with vista without the supported software. But the odd thing here is, it was working fine! I was able to use it in gaming. Now, Vista sees it and can calibrate, but nothing works in the games...just unusual. Still, if knowone has a quick one for this, no doubt I am waiting for he Vista software...come on CH:cheers:
Posted Image

#17 Revvin

Revvin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

Yes there has been quite a few reports of success in 32 Bit Vista, I've even managed to trick 64 Bit Vista into running it a few months ago but Vista has taken a large ammount of control away from the user and this affects the way applications work also. Things that worked in XP don't necessarily work in Vista. CH Products are working on them its just going to take a little longer. You're in good hands though with Bob and Michael on the case :salute:

#18 TheRealOmegaMan

TheRealOmegaMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

Again, many thanks Revvin. Let me ask this. Do you think downloading and installing the Analog drivers will get it to work in Vista? Odd think is Vista see my Pro Throttle yet CM does not and of course neither do games. So, do you think it's worth a shot or will do more harm than good?

Thanks up front
Posted Image

#19 Revvin

Revvin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

The analogue drivers were not written for USB devices so it would be pointless. I've not even tried the analogue drivers on my Vista install because as with Windows XP 64 Bit Microsoft has taken away the 'add' button in the Game Controllers applet in Control Panel. If ever there was a not so subtle hint Microsoft would like to stop people using gameport controllers that would be it.

#20 TheRealOmegaMan

TheRealOmegaMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

Gotcha....I remember now. With my old FlightStick Pro Game Port stick, the drivers where essential. I am still stumped that Vista sees the controller yet nothing else does. I ran a Sandra Benchmark test which included Game Controllers and that app didn't see it either. I wish CH would put some speed in the Vista compatibility sector and updates to CM. I know this stuff takes time but some of us a surely missing our controllers in Vista. Even with a CM update, I’m not sure that will solve the issue. :confused:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users