Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasmon

CMCC crashes in Vista

35 posts in this topic

I just got Vista and installed it on a new system. One of the first things I wanted to get working was my MFP, of course! The problem is, CMCC seems to crash and once it crashes I can't start it again until I reboot. When it does start, it does not appear to be loading anything to the MFP. Control manager works just fine though. Not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions?

Um, I hate to point this out, but Debby indicated that the MFP and software are Vista compatible before I purchased the MFP. Here was the converstation:

I don't see Vista listed as a supported OS. Does the MFP & software work on Vista?

Yes, our devices are compatible in Vista!

Do you know when CMCC and Control Manager will work with Vista?

Rasmon> Bob has said in another thread the Vista drivers are being worked on, I know you guys are waiting patiently and hopefully it will not be too much longer :salute:

Hello,

We are getting VERY close and the drivers are currently in the test phase.

Thank you for your continued patience and I'm sorry for the mis information. We've learned quite a bit of new information with this Vista set up.

Thanks for the response. Fortunately for me, Control Manager seems to be working, so it's only a minor inconvenience of having to download to the MFP before playing a game. I am also glad to year that you are getting close! :cheers:

Quick question... Are the drivers expected to work in both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista? I am thinking of moving to 64-bit Vista, but I am not moving anywhere without my MFP. :joystick:

Can someone please tell me why my Pro Throttle is no longer working in Vista? It was not to long ago it was working and then suddenly no more. Vista sees the Pro Throtle in it's gaming devices and I am even able to calibrate...yet when entering a game the Trottle does not work. Also, in the CH Control Manager no buttons on the Throtle are responsive and clicking the Calibrate button there states "No Device Exist", yet in CMCC I click Calibrate and the Gaming Device window appears with my Pro Throttle to calibrate....Anyone have any ideas? How bout those Vista apps CH??? Thanks up front.

Hey there Revvin....been awhile;). Thanks for the post response.

I am aware of the hit or miss with vista without the supported software. But the odd thing here is, it was working fine! I was able to use it in gaming. Now, Vista sees it and can calibrate, but nothing works in the games...just unusual. Still, if knowone has a quick one for this, no doubt I am waiting for he Vista software...come on CH:cheers:

Yes there has been quite a few reports of success in 32 Bit Vista, I've even managed to trick 64 Bit Vista into running it a few months ago but Vista has taken a large ammount of control away from the user and this affects the way applications work also. Things that worked in XP don't necessarily work in Vista. CH Products are working on them its just going to take a little longer. You're in good hands though with Bob and Michael on the case :salute:

Again, many thanks Revvin. Let me ask this. Do you think downloading and installing the Analog drivers will get it to work in Vista? Odd think is Vista see my Pro Throttle yet CM does not and of course neither do games. So, do you think it's worth a shot or will do more harm than good?

Thanks up front

The analogue drivers were not written for USB devices so it would be pointless. I've not even tried the analogue drivers on my Vista install because as with Windows XP 64 Bit Microsoft has taken away the 'add' button in the Game Controllers applet in Control Panel. If ever there was a not so subtle hint Microsoft would like to stop people using gameport controllers that would be it.

Gotcha....I remember now. With my old FlightStick Pro Game Port stick, the drivers where essential. I am still stumped that Vista sees the controller yet nothing else does. I ran a Sandra Benchmark test which included Game Controllers and that app didn't see it either. I wish CH would put some speed in the Vista compatibility sector and updates to CM. I know this stuff takes time but some of us a surely missing our controllers in Vista. Even with a CM update, I’m not sure that will solve the issue. :confused:

Even with a CM update, I’m not sure that will solve the issue.

For me, it's a simple matter of waiting for everything software as well as hardware to catch up to Vista before I go to Vista. I realize that off the shelf computers being sold now have Vista installed and that, to me, sucks for those that have issues with their external devices, not just joysticks, but whatever else has been affected by Vista, or not. I'll keep XP Pro for the time being.

well hello

All in all Vista is a pretty good OS for the time being. Running Vista x64 all games and hardware work 85 to 97.2% of the time from my Saitek devices to my Chproducts. the lack of a Control software is a drag but i will come eventually. seeing that all of Microsoft is slow in releasing all the information to the hardware and software developers. and what they are given oh man we are lucky that i don't take them longer to get any of the work done.

i am by no means a pin up for Microsoft but i do work with there software all the time. And i will tell you what Vista x64 ultimate edt. was by far the easy install not having to load any third party drivers during setup and they finally incorporated the use of a thumb drive to final do away with the good old floppy drive. but this is not the place to talk of this but hey i look forward to seeing the control software and what Ch is going to be doing next in the way of fight controls hardware and software what they have made so far i way above my expectation and well my buddy's are all jealous not that i have the gear but it make me a better flier since i have better control lol. http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the Hangar Criscosniper :salute: Microsoft have a habit of changing things at the last minute so until they have a retail version it can be pointless trying to update software. Hopefully Vista compatible Control Manager won't be far away now.

Have to agree with Ghost on this one. I will uninstall the Throttle when the Vista version of CM comes out and start from scratch. What I can't understand is why my throttle was working and now it's not. Maybe a mouse driver conflict with the Razor. Come on CH, help me out here and get us that Vista version of CM:cheers: