Eagle Dynamics has released the first alpha for DCS World 2.0, you can grab the installer here. This release marks the beginning of a new era for DCs World with a next gen DX11 engine and high detailed terrains to match the incredibly detailed aircraft that have been released. The NEVADA Test and Training Range Map is available for purchase here for $49.99 although those who purchased DCS: A-10C Warthog while it was in beta (prior to February 21st, 2011) will get the map for free.
The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) has the largest contiguous air and ground space available for peacetime military operations in the free world. The NTTR land area includes simulated air defense systems, mock airbases, and several target ranges. The NTTR was also used for nuclear testing. Today, it is home to RED FLAG and other military exercises that include countries from around the world. The NTTR map for DCS World 2 includes Nellis AFB, Creech AFB and the infamous Groom Lake AFB (aka Area 51). This map also includes the city of Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport, and Hoover Dam.
Key Features of DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map:
- 366,000 sq. kilometres that covers portions of Nevada, Utah, Arizona and California.
- Highly detailed modelling of Nellis Air Force Base, Creech Air Force Base, McCarran International Airport, and the Area 51 facility.
- Hoover Dam and Lake Meade.
- All VOR and VORTAC radio navigation beacons.
- High resolution mesh and textures around the detailed airbases.
- The entire NTTR airspace as well indication of all sub-ranges.
- Las Vegas, Pahrump, Mesquite, Moapa, Indian Springs, Boulder City and other cities and towns in and nearby the NTTR. This also includes all major roads, railways, and power lines.